Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another day, another competition

So I finally made it to Barcelona. For the Second time in 3 days.

What's that all about? Well Mariya and I just competed at the Spanish Open! We arrived on Wednesday, and had a training day on Thursday. Then we competed both routines on Friday, then turned around and swam Finals on Saturday! Also, random fact...Mayu lost my ring. Haha! It's a habit of Mariya and mine to give our coach our rings before we compete, and one of mine slipped off her pinky finger! Oh well. I'll get another one haha
What a jam packed second half of the week! Our swims could have been better, and we didn't place as high as we would've liked, so we're going back to work. We're having a training camp at the Spanish Olympic Training Center and we're going to continue working in order to have a good showing in Switzerland. (It's Sunday, we leave on Tuesday!) It's a short turn around but I'm excited!

Spain is always so gorgeous, and being here at the training center is an inspiration. I've trained multiple times at the OTC in Colorado Springs, Co, and there's nothing like it! Now being able to compare it to this one in Spain, it shows how many athletes all over the world have the Olympic dream.

Well that's all I've got for now! I'm off the pool to practice. :) I'll keep everyone updated with how we do in switzerland! Wish us luck!

Also, if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask! I'll talk about them here on my blog!
--Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment