Friday, June 1, 2012

Welcome to my Life

I always said I'd never keep a blog...well it's time to eat my words! This is going to be a place where people can follow me on my path to the 2012 London Olympic Games! (and this is the part where you get to know me better :D )

My name is Mary Killman, and I am half of the U.S. Olympic Duet for Synchronized Swimming. I'm a proud Native American as part of the Citizen Potwatomi Nation (FUN FACT: Jim Thorpe was part Potowatomi!) I was born in Ada, Oklahoma but I've always called McKinney, Texas my home. Although, sometimes I wonder why I claim a hometown at all, I've lived in 42 different states so far and I'm only 21! I've been doing Synchro for 10 years, and have been on the National Team since 2007. Mariya Koroleva, my duet partner, and I are currently living and training in Indianapolis, Indiana where we are working hard and have qualified for the Olympic Games in August.

I decided to keep a blog to document my specific journey to the Games. We've got 2 months left before Opening Ceremonies in London, and it's going to be the hardest, most intense two months I've ever faced...and I can't wait. It's super exciting to be able to represent your country, and even more exciting when you realize you're one of two people representing you're ENTIRE sport FOR your country! I'm going to have pictures and video to remember my experience by, but I thought it would also be nice to remember how I felt. The ups, the downs, the struggles and the uplifting moments that happen throughout my training and every moment during the Olympic Games themselves. Welcome to the Journey of Mary Killman, an Elite Athlete in Synchronized Swimming. But even athletes have thoughts they need to put down on paper, and you get to see all of it!

Hang on world! This could get bumpy haha :)



--Mary

P.s. Follow me on Twitter and like my Fan Page on Facebook!



1 comment:

  1. Ah!! It's so cool you have a blog! I am a huge fan!! I even talk about your team on my blog bloghttp://thedanwamfam.blogspot.com/
    I love synchro swimming. It is such an awesome sport! I'll be rooting you and your teammate on for the games!! Stay healthy and kick butt!!

    ReplyDelete